Hello all those friends out there in blog-world! This week has been another blessed one. I haven't posted any photos lately--I'm sorry! But my laptop died and now I'm not sure where the camera is so it may be awhile.
Last Friday, I had another baby appointment. It was pretty boring--which is the best kind at this point in the pregnancy--the heartbeat and measurements all look good. As of today, we're 25 weeks along. It seems like it's been going pretty quickly. Baby Nikki has been doing lots of flips and leans alot--which makes it fun trying to figure out what body part we're feeling. Nora has also started to kiss my belly. I think she's starting to figure out what's in there?
My mom came to visit Friday night so Josh and I went on a date--and the first of many restaurant deals for birthdays--to Red Robin 'Gourmet' Burgers! It was our first time there and we were impressed. First, for your birthday, you can get anything on the menu :) Plus the food was good and they had endless fries and a birthday sundae to top it all off! Mom and Nora had a great time exploring the fair and even came home with a cute little yellow rocking chair that Nora adores :) She brings it all over the house just to rock in! We went to the parade on Saturday morning--it was cooler but the rain held off until after the parade. We sat with Maria, Owen, and a friend of hers and her kids. Nora had a BALL picking up all the candy that they throw out--but thankfully was happy with the two things she got to eat. The rest was stored in her jacket hoody :) The rain came at 11, but thankfully wasn't too hard. We took a pitstop to pet the chicks from Sauder Feeds and by then it was light enough that we could eat outside--I love the fair food. This time just got hot dogs instead of my customary corn dogs. Mom left a little after Nora went down for her nap--her 4 hour long nap!! Josh and I watched Michigan beat Notre Dame--which I was happy about but was just the beginning of a "bad football weekend" for Josh. For my birthday, Sunday, after church, Josh got me a very nice card and a CD that I had requested. Nora stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Sauder at Crossview Church's tailgate party while Josh and I went on another birthday meal--a free one at Bandido's :) Came home to watch football (watching the Colts lose!) and Nora took 2 hours to fall asleep for her 2 hour nap! This is becoming a habit for her :/ Sunday was also the start of Youth Group so we had a lot of fun playing outside, having pizza, and getting to talk to our class--the same bunch of kids from last year who are now seniors!
Tuesday was the beginning of my Women's Bible Study at church which was nice to get into again. I'm doing Beth Moore's study on Esther. Then Wednesday and Thursday was the start of my watching two little boys for a friend. They are 2 and 2 months. The mom will be working from home and Nora gets to come along so it should be a great job for me. But it will definately be hard work! The little boy, Jonah, is obsessed with balls and sports of all kinds. And doesn't like to share which makes him a target of Nora's bites--one time each day! The baby is pretty good but really hates having a wet diaper so that will be a constant job for me. I'm grateful for the money this will bring into our family and it should also be fun too.
I hope that you all are blessed this week. I know that you are and hope that you have the time to see the many blessings that surround you.
No comments:
Post a Comment