Keeping friends and family in the know on all the new things happening with the Sauder's.
4.14.2011
Lovely Weather
Instead of stormy weather I thought I'd title this post lovely weather since we've had several beautiful days here in NE Indiana. Last weekend, we spent much of our time outside. We visited the pond with Samson, cleaned out the garage as the girls slept, then rewarded ourselves with dinner out on the town (okay, that was inside). That was Saturday and then Sunday was even more beautiful--sunny and in the 80s. It's so fun to be able to wear skirts and shorts again :) We enjoyed a relaxing Sunday filled with reading outside, napping, and Nora and Josh's first bike ride of the season. I hope they can do that often but I'm not sure how P.J. can get in on the fun this summer. We've been playing outside and taking plenty of walks this week too. Last week we started a playgroup on facebook with a few friends and now it's grown to 17 moms. Our first even will be a trip to the zoo in 2 weeks! In Nora news, she is doing very well with her potty training! She went 3 days without any accidents and even went to church in the evening with underwear on :) We had to stop for a few days (because of diarea if you must know!) but we were back to it today. She is talking up a storm and I'm happy to say that I can understand most of it. We are working on colors--pretty casually at the moment. She thinks most things are red but tonight she did say purple for something that was actually purple! Nora enjoys having her hair french braided and even sits still while you do it :) Her hair is getting so long and it's really cute braided or the day after when it's crimpy. Penny has been doing well too. She is now over 13 pounds and growing!! This means that she can fit in some 6 month outfits and is headed toward size 2 diapers. She is really filling out and getting so fun. She isn't being swaddled anymore for sleep and doesn't mind it. She still isn't sleeping through the night though. She usually will go 5-6 hours before she needs to eat. But she always goes down really quickly (and quietly) after that. Penny has been taking gripe water these last few days. I've been looking for things to help her gas--sometimes it looks like it's so painful! I can't say I've seen any big improvement yet but we'll keep giving it to her. This has been a beautiful week to enjoy God's creation. We hope that all of you recognize the beauty and blessings that surround you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment