Some of the things I'm thankful for this week...
1) Nora's face looking at her new zoo album (we went to the lake again this weekend--the girls and I--and Grandma made Nora the sweetest little album of our trip to the zoo. I had suggested this idea to my mom but she really ran with it. Nora just loved it! But still asks to go to the zoo 50 times a day!!)
2) Penny falling asleep in my arms on the pontoon (this rarely ever happens now that Penny is sooo grown up--7 months now! She was so tired and had just nursed and was so fighting sleep but about 10 minutes before we made it back to the cottage she fell asleep so peacefully...until Grandpa Pat did one of his loud sneezes then she cried for 10 seconds...but even that was sweet!)
3) a date for Kayla's wedding (the girls stayed overnight with Grandma in Michigan--Penny's first night away from Mommy--she did fine, of course! This was the only wedding of the summer that I got to sit by my husband. It was a beautiful service and fun reception but I'm still disappointed they didn't have any slow songs!)
4) Nora talking about a 'happy heart' (Nora and I like to watch Veggie Tales together. We especially like Madame Blueberry! The lesson on this one is that "a thankful heart is a happy heart." She really picked up on this line..."Happy! Heart!" and she would hold her heart :))
5) eating good peaches (Great-Grandma Sauder had too many and so we got 15+ peaches and they were *delicious* They were gone in 2 days! I made peach crisp, peach baby food, and we just enjoyed them to eat. Thanks again, Grandma!)
6) the girls lighting up when I play violin (I pulled out my violin on Tuesday night. We usually do this on my bed. Both were so excited and into listening to Mommy play Twinkle. I played the song then Nora insisted on being able to play--she's okay for a 2.5 year old on a full size!--and as she bowed she was also singing the words to Twinkle!! Penny enjoyed plucking the strings but was a lot rougher than I remember Nora being at this age!)
7) Nora doing my hair (it was her idea and she tried but ended up only being able to brush my hair. We are going to have some fun times in a few years!)
8) a free church carnival (this is the third year I have gone to this event. Yes, I even went before I had kids--because I can't pass up a free hot dog! Nora really enjoyed this, especially the little rides that were just her size. There were only 3 that she could do but we did each of them 2 times. We also had fun seeing many church people--it was at our church across the street--and friends that we invited. Also the weather this year was awesome--warm but not so hot)
9) a cooler zoo day (we finally got back to the zoo this morning. We went with Daddy, Maria, and the boys. It was beautiful weather and we had a great time going on the carosel, through Indonesia and Australia. After a great nap, Nora said she wanted to go back to the zoo! LOL)
10) Dietrich Bonhoeffer (I knew I liked this guy but after reading the new biography by Eric Metaxas I like him even more. His story is so amazing! I was reminded again just how disturbing Hitler was but also how powerful it is when God's people are His hands and feet. I highly recommend this book!)
No comments:
Post a Comment