2.02.2012

1) getting outside again (the weather this past week has been unseasonably warm and even sunny sometimes.  This has been wonderful--we love taking walks and even played outside today in our rice box.  Nora commented several times about hearing the birds!)
2) buffets with Grandparents (Saturday for lunch we ate with Josh's grandparents before they drove to Florida.  They'll be staying in their condo for a few weeks before we join them in Miami for our cruise!!  Sunday after church we ate with Josh's parents at a huge buffet)
3) painting without kids (I helped our friends paint their new house on Saturday.  They're hoping to move in next month.  It was so nice to be able to help--I painted with Emily while Dave watched all 5 kiddos.  I can't imagine how painting would have gone if all 5 were there with us!)
4) Penny turning 13 months (she's doing so many fun things lately--she signed "more" on Saturday and since has been doing it often because her appetite is still huge, she's had a recent obsession with pickles, and she will nod her head, "yes" enthusiastically whenever she wants what you ask.  It just seems like she's understanding everything so much more lately!)
5) singing "star" with Nora after lights out (this only happens once in awhile--every Thursday?--I put Penny down right after I turn Nora's lights out and I hear her little voice talking/singing.  I go in and ask her if she's okay.  She says, "Sing star?" How can I say no?  So we sing the whole song in a gentle, quiet voice.  This is so much nicer than her usual singing of "star" which is at forte--thanks, Mom!  She just loves this song!)
6) Josh writing a blog to me (isn't that the sweetest thing?  I have certainly found a keeper!  Can't believe we've almost been married for 5 years)

No comments: