Wow! We sure did have a busy 4 days!! We have so much to be thankful for and to thank God for. The thing I was most thankful for this year was family (I know, kinda boring but it's true!). I'm so grateful for everyone and to God for keeping us all in good health. Here were the highlights from our Thanksgiving:
1) We spent Thursday in Ohio with the Sivey's. It was a big group of us and we had plenty of food (even if one of the turkeys didn't work out so well!). We ate lots, read thankful quotes, played a few games, and of course watched football! We got to spend the night in the 'guestroom' at Russell and Terri's (thank you!)

2) We were thankful that Josh had Friday off of work! We drove all the way (a little over 3 hours) up to Flint for another Thanksgiving! This time it was with the Mitchell's (and Brown's) plus Meredith's boyfriend, Dan. We had a relaxing time eating, playing Beatles Rock Band, and many games :) We just had to pull out this little piano for Nora to try out! We also spend the night there. [Nora did not do as well as usual on these trips...she slept in the car but that's about all that she slept! The nights didn't go well and she was also having separation anxiety big time :/ ]

3) On Saturday afternoon we made our way down to Jackson to be with my mom, Pat, and his daughters. We all went out to buy a Christmas tree :) It was a beautiful day--50 and sunny. It was a lot of fun but not so fun was Samson almost getting crushed by the trailer that took us and the tree back to our car. Thankfully, Josh thought fast and saved him by grabbing him by the tail! My mom and Mer watched Nora Saturday evening so Josh and I could go out on a date! We watched The Blind Side (which we def. recommend) and got Maggie Moo's afterwards :) [I think this photo looks kinda artistic! I can't wait to take Nora to get our very own Christmas tree :)]

This is a sneek peek to our Christmas card...Nora is in her Christmas dress (from Grandma Maynard) and finally decided to take a good picture...she usually does but not when we want her to, I guess!

We all had a wonderful time with our family but there really is no place like home so we were thankful to get back there on Sunday night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment