7.07.2011

Happy Independence Day!

So much to be thankful for...
1) a relaxing zoo visit (we--Josh included!--went to the zoo last Friday with 2 other families. We took it at a nice pace and even took 20 minutes to sit and eat in Australia. It almost seemed like a new zoo to us because we visited places we don't always go--Australia and Indonesia)

2) mom-to-mom talks with my mom (Grandma Maynard came to visit Friday night and it was a nice--if quick--visit. I love talking to other moms but it's even better when it's the lady who raised me! We ended up stuffing envelopes--thanks Mom!, taking our own 5k walk--for free :)--and visiting the new coffee shop in Grabill)

3) talking to Nora on the phone (Nora got to go to Jackson with Grandma M. Saturday morning. It's so cute to talk to her--even if it is rather one sided! She ended up wanting to talk to lots of people on the phone lately and even had a long conversation on her pretend cellphone. The only part I could really understand was repeated and loud, "OK. BYE!" Totally reminds me of Owen.)

4) a long afternoon in town (since Nora was in MI with Grandma, Josh and I felt able to spend a long time in town since Penny is so easygoing. We went to the mall, Half Price Books, and to dinner at TGI Friday's. And also saw an awesome stormy sky but no rain).

5) fireworks reflected on pond (Sunday night at the Sauder's we enjoyed dinner and a fireworks show put on by Josh and Ben (with help? from Samson). It was pretty good for not being professional and I was thankful they were safe)

6) family time in Flint (the three of us met up with Meredith, Bryan, and Nora at Aunt Kim and Uncle Mark's house. Grandpa Mitchell rounded out the group. We had a yummy lunch--steak, chicken, corn on the cob--which Nora loved--tuna salad, and deviled eggs. We had a nice relaxing afternoon filled with conversation and photos and music. As we were driving home, the girls never slept because of how light it was out, but we did get to catch the beginning of the Leo fireworks show at 10)

7) Nora loving the outdoors (Aunt Kim gave us a blow-up pool that Nora has wanted to be in since I put it up on Tuesday. She's always talking about "water" now and not drinking it! I let her get in with just her undies since she just has one bathing suit. Penny and I got in on Tuesday too since it was so hot!)

8) a baby who loves all foods (Penny has been trying lots of foods and loving all of them: squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, oatmeal, carrots, and applesauce. Nora was having a bedtime snack of applesauce when I realized that Penny was hungry too. Nora ended up feeding Penny out of her bowl and Penny couldn't get enough!)

9) reading my old xanga site (I just remembered about this site out of the blue. You can check it out too: www.alissaindevon.xanga.com)

10) babies being born (yes, babies are born every day, thankfully! But this past week 4 of my friends had new ones :) We haven't gotten to meet any but 3 were from out of state. We may get to meet a little boy, Brycen, tomorrow!)

No comments: