Things I'm thankful for this week:
1) a truck ride with Josh in the sunset (Friday night we had a girls movie night. After I put the girls down to bed at Grandma Sauder's house, I got to ride in a truck with Josh to the repair place. It was a short time but we got to have a nice talk at a time we don't usually see each other and see a beautiful sunset)
2) a tutu wearing Nora (Nora has been wearing many dresses lately--still working on the potty thing. She has 2 tutus that she loves to wear, one is green and the other pink. When we went to Grandma Sauder's last week that sneaky girl had put on a tutu under her dress and mommy didn't even notice it when we left the house, lol!)
3) finally a Takeoka date (Josh and I have been trying to go to this neat Japanese grill restaurant for 1.5 years! They are pretty busy there but for good reason. It was fun and delicious! I got the salmon and it was yummy. Plus our server was entertaining, of course!)
4) seeing Dave baptized and Hope dedicated (we went to Crossview on Sunday morning to see this. It was neat to be there for our friends of nearly 4 years. Dave gave his amazing testimony and a bunch of them were baptized in the pond--the same one I was baptized in almost 4 years ago. Afterwards there was a potluck)
5) Josh coming to the zoo for zoo-loo-au (Monday was this huge members-only event and I couldn't have done it without Josh! It was *packed* because it was free rides and food day. It's nice that it's free but I'm not sure the crowds made it worth it. We did enjoy a log ride though. And satisfied Nora's never-ending asking to go to the zoo!!!! (That's what this weeks title is about) The last two times we've been though, it always ends on a bad note--with a crying meltdown (embarrassing!) but at least it's always over by the time we get to the car)
6) backyard Bible club (this week our youth group has put these on at several homes in the area. One just happens to be in our next door neighbors backyard--the one with the large garden. So even though Nora is a few years too young, she got a special invitation because all the kids love her so much :) She had fun with the kids and enjoyed the snacks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment