9.08.2011

Is it Fall Already?

1) Penny turning 8 months (we took photos in the swing in the backyard that morning and Josh got some great smiles--could even see her 2 cute little teeth. She's getting so big--doing lots of new things and getting lots of meat on her bones!)
2) Mommy & Nora playing in the sandbox (sometimes I forget to just have fun and play with my girls--even if it means getting a little dirty!)
3) grillin' in Flint (we spent Saturday in Flint with Aunt Kim, Uncle Mark, and Grandpa Mitchell. We had some great food and a nice time catching up and watching football too)
4) safety in the wind storm (a major storm came by southern Michigan as we were driving to Farwell Lake. We had to make some detours to avoid fallen trees but got there safe and sound!)
5) hammock time with Josh (it's always nice to get some time away together even if for just 30 minutes. We enjoyed a relaxing cuddle in the hammock--under a blanket as the temps were cooler--in the 60s)
6) an early birthday (I enjoyed gifts from mom and dad and a peach crisp birthday cake--a first, I think--this weekend since we'll be on vacation on the day of)
7) hearing P.J.'s voice (and plenty of it. That girl can belt it! "da-da-da")
8) Josh and Nora to the zoo (on Monday, Josh and Nora went to the zoo while Penny and I went shopping at Target :) It was neat to see those 2 get some special time together!)
9) trying new things with Nora (I bought scissors for Nora at Target and we ended up trying them out last night. I got a video of it--she has her own way of doing it and it's so cute. I love to see her concentration!)
10) autumn (fall has always been my favorite season. I like the cooler temperatures but I could do without the constant rain!! Grabill Fair was a bummer this year because of the cold rain)

No comments: