
Today we are into week 38!! It's really getting close now :) Last week, our appointment on Thursday went well. She said I'm now dilated to 1 centimeter but also told me that I am a Strep B carrier--not a huge worry, but I will have to receive meds for it during labor and delivery. Then we had an appointment this morning and things are still looking good. I didn't gain any weight this week (pretty normal the last few weeks) and the heartbeat was 145 and I'm still 1 centimeter dilated. But when she measured me she said I was on the low side and suggested an ultrasound. Once we told her about our insurance situation she said that it isn't necessary and that it is most likely that the baby has just dropped and that is why I'm measuring small. It would've been nice to see Bobby in another ultrasound but I think it's for the best that we didn't have one (may have found out the sex by accident!) and we will get to see him or her in person so soon anyway. Our doctor also said that she's on call this weekend, so it'd be a good time for us to have Bobby!! I wish :) I'm getting a bit uncomfortable and more and more impatient for everything to begin!
Bobby now weighs in at about 6.8 pounds and is 19.5 inches long (the length of your average leek, apparently!). Bobby has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his or her hand for the first time! Bobby's organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
No comments:
Post a Comment