12.17.2008

They Make Mini Watermelons?!


It is now week 39...only one more week, hopefully! Bobby is now over 7 pounds (the weight of a mini watermelon) and 20 inches long. He or she is adding some more body fat for when they enter this cold world! We had another good appointment today. I was very happy to hear that I was measuring larger this week so she didn't have to suggest an ultrasound. Also, the heartbeat was one of the fastest yet--165. Is Bobby a little girl?? She said I was still 1 centimeter then 'stripped my membranes' so that added half a centimeter. She said sometimes the (a little uncomfortable) procedure brings on labor in the next few days but it's no guarantee. I'm hoping that Bobby will decide to come a little early or at least on time!! Our doctor is on call tonight but then not til after Christmas, so we might not have her. Our next appointment (IF needed!) will be Tuesday morning :) Christmas is so soon now and I hope that Bobby can celebrate his or her first one this year with family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea! You're so close!!!! And I'm not sure about the heartbeat thing... in the beginning Maeve's heartbeat was high- in the 170's-160's, then as she grew it slowed down. The entire time I was in labor it hung out in the 140's. I can't wait to find out what is in that belly of yours!