1. Having fun with new foods. "Look dad, I'm eating a pickle!" That one seemed okay with Nora...
but she didn't enjoy sweet potatoes!! They were a little better than peas for her but still not great.
2. A fun-filled Friday. Nora and I spent the morning at a friends house for a playdate then had a picnic at the new office with the Affholters. We went to the zoo with Nora's Grandma Sauder and Aunt Maria and Owen (behind the scenes day was pretty fun) and had the Affholter's over for dessert and euchre that night :)
3. Getting more involved with our Sunday School. We are now on the steering committee and got to go to a lake on Saturday to plan and play. It was alot of fun. Josh and I ended up tubing (we're really sore now!). This is us seconds after Josh attempted a barrel roll (we weren't going fast enough) and caused us both to fall off!
4. A Sunday School picnic on Sunday evening that was awesome! The weather was perfect, the food great, the company fun, and the back yard huge!
5. The Feed Mill office is coming along. This week Josh and Dave tore down a wall (they have yet to build a new one!). Nora and I enjoy walking over from time to time to visit--it's a 10 minute walk :). Here is Dave using the nail gun and the wall used to be to his right.
6. Hanging out with the Sauder's and Klea's yesterday. Ben and Maria are having their bathroom redone so they're out of their house for awhile and have been staying at Josh's parents house. Not fun that they're out of their house but it is fun to visit. Yesterday the kids read books, played, swam in the kiddie pool, then later the older kids :) played softball, had dinner, and watched Slumdog Millionaire.
7. Sunflowers :) Our neighbor's garden is also something I'm thankful for. I get to enjoy looking at it (and the occasional tomato) without having to take care of it!
1 comment:
Cute! Looks like you guys are having a good summer!
Post a Comment