7.23.2009

Nora's First Vacation!

Sorry this post is so tardy! I have a good reason...we just returned from our vacation yesterday. It was a time with many things to be thankful for!!
We had an excellent vacation with Josh's family this past week!
1) We drove down to Cincinnati on Thursday morning with Josh's siblings. Once we got there we headed to a fun water area for kids at a local park. Nora really got into this little fountain :)

2) Thursday evening we went to the Red's game with Josh's family :) It was a fun time, we got on the big screen but Nora couldn't sleep and fussed for the second half of the game and the Reds lost :(
3) King's Island on Friday!! It was a nice day and thanks to Kathy I got to ride as many rides as we wanted. But I will "never again" ride the Beast! We also hit the water park section that's included in the price of the ticket. Nora went on the carosel :)


4) On Saturday the ladies (and babies) went to IKEA! This was my first time and I wasn't disappointed. There was even a storytime that Owen and Nora went to then had their pictures taken (sorry it's a bit dark!). Owen enjoyed having Nora around for this vacation...he kept giving her hugs!!

5) Sunday morning on our way out of Cincinnati we enjoyed going to church at River of Life--the same place we volunteered with the Youth Group the past 2 summers. We even got to catch up a little with the youth pastor there, Gordon. We were so glad it worked out :)
6) We took a jaunt up to Essex to see the Sivey's (not really on the way but still fun to see them). I knew Nora loved petting animals but didn't realize how much! She started laughing out loud as she pet this nice little kitten :)

7) The last part of our trip we spent in Brown County, Indiana. I'd never been there and it was a good choice. We stayed at a little cottage/inn in Nashville and did some shopping, historic/artist home touring, and a little hiking. It was fun. Nora and daddy trying on sunglasses :)

8) Although vacation was great it's so nice to be home and get Nora back on a good schedule! She can sleep in her own crib again :) This past week Nora has enjoyed sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash...I'm glad she's turning in to a good eater!

No comments: