3.17.2010

Is It Summer Already?!

It seems a little unreal that last week we were skiing and this week it's been beautiful and in the mid 60s! We had a relaxing weekend around here--the week has been warm but the weekends rainy. Nora has been growing by leaps and bounds. No not in weight (at least I don't think so) but in how much she knows! She's been moving around our house so quickly--walking using her little cart (from Aunt Meredith). And we're going to have to invest in some new shoes quick because boot weather is gone but sandals aren't quite here (and her feet are getting bigger--size 3 now, I think). She's also learned a new word--"GO!" Whenever her cart gets stuck somewhere that is what she'll say :) It's more like "Hey, mom. I want to GOOOO but I'm stuck. Can't you help?" But it's fun to see what Nora will do on her own--usually she gets down and starts to crawl or she will push the cart backwards instead. On Saturday night Josh and I were eating dinner in front of the tv when we found Nora all the way against the wall in the hallway reading :)
There's been more music in our house lately. That's because Josh is working on writing a song :) and I've been practicing for my upcoming audition for Suzuki teacher training. Nora loves clapping for mommy and also plucking the violin strings.


We've been enjoying the warmer days--it feels almost like June instead of mid-March. We know it won't last so we're really trying to get outside on walks and bike rides. Today Josh put the bike trailer together and Nora and I went for a spin. She's not yet smiling on it but it will be such a great thing for us this summer. I know she'll end up loving it--I already do! Here's little color-coordinated Nora yesterday--all in purple (Mommy's favorite color).


Please pray for our friend Maggie (and follow her blog if you want). She's in critical condition for 2.5 weeks now with pneumonia. There are many complications and she really needs a miracle. Please pray for her, her family, and her doctors.

1 comment:

Kim Waggoner said...

Great post, Lis. You guys are so precious.