8.05.2010

August Is Here

This is post #120...I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to those who have stuck with us that long and still look forward to these posts. Alot has happened in the last 2 years!

So we had a pretty successful garage sale. Saturday it rained in the morning--and the wind blew our tarp away! Thankfully Josh was there to fix it and we worked hard to move everything in. 10 minutes later it was sunny. We made $150 but sold almost everything we'd brought so I think we did pretty good. Nora was very well behaved and my mom came to get her for an overnight Friday afternoon. That freed Josh and I up to enjoy a nice evening--we went on a date to Biaggi's (thanks, dad!) and dessert at Coldstone (thanks, Kim and Mark!) before sitting outside and crosswording. Then we hung out with friends to watch a movie--Josh with the guys watching Iron Man and I went to Emily's to watch Leap Year. I joined Nora at Farwell Lake after the garage sale on Saturday. We enjoyed a little water time, dinner, and a movie. It was nice to see Melissa again! Then the next morning, I got to go to Jackson First Church and it was the first time I saw the new sanctuary--very nice! It was good to see old friends and Nora and grandma helped out in the nursery--20 kids Nora's age! After lunch, mom and I went to my friend's wedding shower before Nora and I headed back home.

This week has been pretty quiet. Nora went to two storytimes--one with mommy, one with daddy. And daddy got a feel for what Nora is like at the library now--not good! He had to take her outside because she wouldn't stop screaming :/ But I was grateful he did as I got to go to my eye appointment all by myself--oh, the little joys of stay-at-home moms! One cute Nora story: she's not been saying Mommy lately so I've been trying to teach her it again. I'd say, "Can you say 'mommy'?" "Daddy!" "MOMMY!" (and I'd point to myself). "DADDY!" (and she'd point to herself!). LOL! So, now Nora thinks her name is daddy?!

Baby Nicky is now 19 weeks--he/she weighs about 8.5 oz. and is 6 inches long!! I'm always surprised by how big Nicky is getting. His/her hair is starting to grow and now is when Nicky can hear us talking :) Josh has enjoyed talking to Nicky for awhile now--it's so cute!! I've felt more little movements lately but nothing big. Hopefully they'll be felt on the outside in the next few weeks. We're looking forward to "seeing" Nicky in about 2 weeks :)

Hope you guys enjoyed reading about our blessed week and the pictures I posted on facebook! Nora is growing by leaps and bounds these days.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Alissa - I have read and enjoyed all 120! I always look forward to that weekly peak into your lives. Thank you for taking the time to share your joy.

father