I bet you could figure it out, but my title refers to the fact that Nora is almost 2 weeks from turning 2 and baby Nikki is about 3 weeks from arriving. Both of those things seem unreal!
We had a fun Christmas-y weekend. Nora and I went with Great-Grandma Sauder, Aunt Maria, and Owen to have breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning. It was a very crowded event in Grabill so we didn't get to even see Santa (which I think was fine with Nora and Owen!) but had some very sugary breakfast :/ It was pretty funny to see Nora when she spotted the Rudolf in costume--she got very scared!! Later that morning we went to get our Christmas tree at the same place we've gone the last 3 years. It's pretty tough finding the perfect tree there but we got a pretty good one. Samson and Nora had fun helping too :) Came home to have chili, Nora took her nap--an extra long one--and Josh and I put up the tree. We had Applebee's for dinner before coming home for another new Christmas tradition--putting up the tent under the new Christmas tree--pretending we're camping out under the stars with baby Jesus. It was pretty funny--the tent just barely fit in the room, then Nora was so into just walking around and around inside the tent. Finally, daddy and Nora took out their sleeping bags and laid down but Nora just couldn't sleep and decided that she'd rather sleep in her own bed at 845. I guess she'll have to be a little older to actually sleep in the tent!! On Sunday evening, we had the annual Youth Group Christmas Banquet where everyone gets really dressed up and we have a nice dinner. Josh and I had a good time with that too--he even wore a tie and jacket :) This week, we had a baby appointment but with a nurse instead of my doctor (she was delivering another baby). She goes on maternity leave herself in two weeks so hopefully we'll see her at next weeks' appointment. Nothing new to report from that appointment besides the fact that Nikki is definately head down and I got tested for Strep B (which I did have with Nora but is no big deal). As of today, Nikki is full term and is a little over 6 pounds (maybe!) and 19 inches (Nora wasn't that big at birth!). If she came today (which I'm not quite ready for) she would not be considered premature. I've been feeling bigger and bigger and more uncomfortable but thankfully able to sleep well still :)
A few things that Nora has been doing that I don't want to forget: it's a lot of fun waking her up in the morning--she never makes a peep until we come in and then we get the happiest "HI!" it's a great way to start the day :) She's also been saying ta-da and good job (?) lately. Her purse is still a constant companion and of course blanket and teddy. She loves art--asks to color at least once a day and also likes to paint. She's been holding on to this cold for 2 weeks now--her nose isn't running as much but she's still coughing a lot at nap time. She's been taking naps that are at least 3 hours and has had a big appetite lately. We're also thinking her 2 year molars are beginning to come in because she loves tracking down the one pacifier in the house and chewing on it!
We're getting ready for Nora's birthday party in a little over a week--it should be a fun time with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment