It's been another great week for which we are thankful! Last Friday, we spent the morning together--all 4 of us. We went to a few different parks, to get our contacts, then out to lunch at Five Guys :) That night, the girls went to Jackson for the weekend. We arrived at bedtime but of course Nora got to stay up later to hang out with Grandma! Everyone got their own room so we all slept great although Nora woke up earlier than normal. Saturday was a beautiful, sunny and warm. I had to practice for Lindsey's wedding with the pianist at the church. While I was doing that, mom and Kelley went to the park with the girls--they got to swing on the same swing together :) We had subs for lunch and I helped mom wash our cars while the girls napped. Penny and I went to Lindsey's Recipe Shower in the afternoon. It was nice to see Lindz and a few other girls I knew. I can't believe she's getting married so soon! We had fun seeing different recipes, eating, and even doing some Armenian dances that they will have at the wedding. I was hoping to check out the progress at the cottage with the family but after the shower a storm rolled in so we just ended up going back to Jackson for Chinese food. We spent one more night and had a slightly lazy morning before we had to head back home because there was a special lunch after church in Grabill that I didn't want to miss! It was also great to see Josh again--Nora was especially looking forward to it (so was I, or course). The rest of this week has been very wet! Tuesday morning we had a break from the storms and I got to hang some of my clothes out to dry on our neighbor's clothes line. Wednesday we got so much rain that our street/yard was flooded--the rain was up to Josh's knees as he was out there trying to clean out the gutter. Thankfully the water has gone down alot since then. We did spend the night with Josh's parents Wednesday night because a band of tornadoes had the chance to be in the area. That didn't happen, thankfully, but it was fun to have a basement sleepover!
Today, Nora and Owen got to hang out two times. We all painted a special gift for Josh's Grandma Sivey in the morning and then Kathy watched Nora while Penny and I went to the Garden Club and Owen came over to play too. They ended up playing a fun game "Hide the Thimble" that Josh used to play as a kid. Nora isn't very good at it yet, but it's so cute to watch her try! She's talking more and more (and more!). She skinned her knee at the park on Monday and I have probably heard "Owey!" 1,000 times since! It is so neat to hear her try to sing though. And have phone conversations!
Penny is getting bigger everyday and discovering new things. She is doing very well laying on her tummy now and even rolled over a few times (from tummy to back) while we were in Jackson. She's sleeping through the night like a pro and has the cutest smiles. She will sometimes laugh for me when I tickle her on her changing table :)
We hope you all had a blessed week and have managed to stay dry. It's hard to believe that we'll have HOT temperatures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment