Hello dear family and friends o' mine! I'm sorry that this blog comes a day late but if it weren't a day late I wouldn't be able to tell you about Penny's great well baby check-up! We went this morning. Josh and Nora went to do errands and play while Penny and I went to see the doctor. I'm glad they didn't wait because it took 1.5 hours (crazy!). All the news is good: 13 lbs. 13 oz. (50%) and 24 in (50%). She had a few shots and took them pretty well. Nora and Josh came in a little before we left--Nora with a huge goose egg of a bump on her forehead :/ OUCHY! We also got to do a few other errands and have lunch at Wendy's--one of our favorite places lately. Let me tell you about the rest of our week. Last Friday, Josh filmed a dance concert at a local church. It was great that they got this job back after not being asked last year! The girls stayed with Grandma Kathy while I got to go out to see Water for Elephants (again!) with a few girl friends :) Josh got home earlier than usual so it was nice to get to talk (instead of watching a movie!). On Saturday we got to relax in the morning before having an early lunch (and naptime for Nora) so Josh could go film the Suzuki concert in Ft. Wayne (another repeat job!). Nora, Penny, and I were able to join him to watch the second half of the concert and enjoy the ice cream sundae afterwards and, because the afternoon was so nice, we played at the playground at the church :) We got to go out to eat at Applebee's and watch a movie at home together. On Sunday, we had the first meeting of the new Sunday School that we are helping lead, The Vine. It was a good turnout--13 all together. I'd say the best time was prayer requests and the prayer time we had together...I know this is going to be a great group for us and our church! After naptime, we went with Josh to do a live-feed for the dance concert. Nora loved watching all the girls dance--it was so neat to see her smile and light up at seeing them :) Josh's favorite time was afterwards with the worship when he held Nora on his shoulders. We've stayed in a bit more this week because I wanted to focus on potty training and we picked up a bit of a cold somewhere along the way (yuck!).
The other news for Penny is that she has officially discovered her hands--and in particular her thumb, which she now loves to suck :) I think this is the reason that she's finally sleeping through the night! The day she turned 4 months old, she slept 10 hours and has continued that this week. What a difference a full night of sleep makes!
Nora continues to be her own joyful little self (even with a constantly running nose!). She's especially loved the nicer weather this week and it's very difficult to get her inside when she wants to be playing outside. She's done better with potty training this week--1 or 2 accidents a day. Her favorite thing this week has been books. This is great to see but now she has to learn how to put them all away!
Thank you for continuing to read our blog (even when it is a day late!). We love telling you about our little family--it makes us remember the everyday miracles that we experience all the more!
No comments:
Post a Comment