This is the beginning of week 36!! Wow, it's going to be happening really soon now :) This week Bobby is more than 18.5 inches long and weighs almost 6 pounds. That is about the same weight as a crenshaw melon...one of those crazy fruits I've never heard of! (Where do they come up with this stuff?). Bobby is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. This morning, Josh and I went to our 36 week exam (we'll be going every week now!). She checked my cervix and said I'm .5 centimeters dialated and she even felt the baby's head!! Wow, that was pretty cool to hear. She also said it's normal to be a little dialated at this point--it will still probably be 4 weeks or more before Bobby arrives. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We have so much to be thankful for!! We pray that you are counting all your many blessing this wonderful time of year as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment