These last few days have been really beautiful here in Grabill. We're talking sunny and in the 70s--the best weather in my opinion. And also the best season but I admit I'm looking foward to it being a little cooler--so I can wear my winter maternity clothes! This weekend was sure cool though. My dad, aunt, and uncle visited on Saturday and Sunday. We enjoyed potato soup and apple crisp for lunch before chillin' as Nora napped and then we walked to the Feed Mill to play football. It was in the 50s but at least not raining. In the evening, we went out for dinner before my family taking Nora home to go to bed and Josh and I heading for a Sunday School meeting. In the morning we all went to church before a quick lunch at Wendy's then they had to go home. It was nice to relax and watch football and for me to be at youth group--I've had to miss a lot lately.
On Monday, Josh, Nora and I ran some errands in town and had lunch together. The boys I have been watching were sick this week so Nora and I didn't go to their house Wednesday and Thursday. Instead we got to enjoy this nice weather and went to the zoo for the last time this year today with Maria and Owen. I love the zoo but I think I may have gotten zoo-ed out this year. It was fun to mix it up with rides from time to time. Today we went on the carosel--which is Nora and my favorite and the cheapest at the zoo :)
My mom arrived tonight to sleep over before we head to St. Louis this weekend just us girls--including Nora this time. We're going to visit old friends--Sherry, Elizabeth, and Elizabeth's new baby daughter.
Baby Nikki is now 28 weeks along and weighs 2 1/4 lbs. and is nearing 15 inches. I think that she is lying sideways because I keep feeling her move that way. Last night, Josh and I got to feel her move alot--she was pushing a knee or something against Josh's hand :) I'll find out next week if I am anemic and/or have gestational diabetes. I'm hoping no on both fronts.
Nora and I have enjoyed visiting Josh at work at the Feed Mill this week. A few times she's gotten to ride in the truck with him. She now says "TRUCK" and really likes seeing daddy at work and it breaks up his long evenings too :) Nora has enjoyed saying "duck" "cat" and "truck" this week and also picked some funny accessories on Saturday--you have to see it on facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment