This past weekend was an eventful one! My mom came to our house on Thursday evening so we'd be all ready to drive to St. Louis on Friday morning. We had a quick breakfast with Josh and his grandparents before heading out. We were grateful for "Jill" my mom's new GPS. She got us through the many highway changes, construction, and pit stops along the way. The trip was 7 hours--plus a few stops for food and to stretch our legs. Nora did pretty well considering the long distance. We arrived in St. Louis at dinner time, checked in to our hotel and headed to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's--yum! We decided to just ignore the time change since we were only there for 2 days and sent Nora to bed as soon as we got back to our hotel. It was so nice to have a suite--Nora could fall asleep in one room while we watched tv in the other. The next morning, we met up with Sherry and drove to breakfast to meet up with Elizabeth and her new baby, Gabriella. We got to spend the whole day together--seeing Elizabeth's house, Sherry's new house, and just enjoyed catching up with each other. I hadn't seen them since my wedding and it was so neat to meet each other's little girls. We had dinner with them plus Elizabeth's husband before calling it a night. About the title--yes, it was fall in St. Louis but you'd never have known it by the 90 degree temperature! [This is a funny(ish) side story--Nora went through more diapers than we were expecting during Saturday. We ran out of diapers so ended up using one of Gabriella's size 1's. I hadn't thought what the result would be. Well, there wasn't any air flow in there and Nora got the most painful looking diaper rash ever...and of course mommy didn't bring any diaper rash ointment on this trip! OUCH!] We had breakfast with Sherry at our hotel before heading home. We arrived just in time for Josh and I to go to the youth group bonfire while mom and Nora spent the evening together. Mom spent the night and we even got to take Nora to get her first haircut the next morning. We went to Great Clips and she did great!! She was very serious while sitting in the chair but got a smile on her face when she got her hair blown dry. I think the haircut makes her look older! Mom headed out after lunch. Tuesday morning, I found Nora in bed throwing up! So she stayed home with daddy while I went to Bible Study. She didn't throw up the rest of the day but had no appetite and was very tired and cried alot. I had a baby appointment that afternoon so Josh stayed home with Nora for that as well. It was my 28 week appointment so I had lab tests for gestational diabetes and anemia (don't know results yet). I really hate that super sweet drink you take for the diabetes test :/ Baby Nikki is doing well--I'm measuring well and her heartbeat sounded great. Once back home I wasn't feeling great--I thought just because of the sweet drink. But then after a small dinner, I ended up throwing up right after Josh left for work. And pretty much continued that for the next 6 hours :/ Thankfully, Nora was feeling a bit better by that time and went to bed early so I just had myself to look after. I was also thankful that I was able to sleep pretty well myself and felt all better in the morning. Wednesday we were both feeling better but were pretty tired all day. We didn't go to watch the two boys again this week since we weren't feeling our best.
We've seen God's many blessings on our family this week and we pray that you, our family and friends, have too!
No comments:
Post a Comment