It's hard to believe that this is the 150th blog post that I've written--and that you've read! Wow :) I don't know about you but I like looking back over the last 2 1/2 years to see what we were up to last year, etc. We have sure been blessed and it's nice to be reminded of that.
This past week was another fun one. We spent the day in Flint on Saturday. Josh dropped Penny, Nora, and I off at my cousin's baby shower in Owosso--the town I lived in from age 2-5ish. It was nice to see family members and for them to meet Penny. Nora did pretty well even without her nap. After the shower we spent a little time with the guys--Uncle Mark, my dad, and Josh before going to Fuddrucker's for dinner with the LaBean's and Dunn's. It's one of my favorite restaurants and was nice to catch up with some folks we hadn't seen in a long time. I couldn't believe how big their kids are getting--esp. Isaiah who was just a little 2 year old (younger than Nora is now) when he was our ringbearer! We could only spend the day in Michigan because we had to be back for church on Sunday. Josh did some filming for an upcoming DVD about our church. We had a relaxing afternoon and then went to our church for a Soup dinner--got to sample 30 soups and vote on our favorite with money that went to a good cause. This week has gone quickly with grocery store runs, Bible Study, buying new cellphones in town, and today I had a friend over and her little 20 month girl. The girls played pretty well together but they both liked the same toys :/ This afternoon I got to go to a book club at a local church--it's been too long since I've been to one of those! Also this week, I've enjoyed watching a college friend compete on Jeopardy. She's won 2 nights so far but tonight the basketball tournament interfered--I can watch it at 3am (I *hope* to not be up at that hour!).
This week Nora has been talking alot and mommy is even starting to understand what she's saying. Naps continue to be pretty non-existant. We're starting to have her pray for us. We'll say the words and she'll repeat them. This is usually how it goes--"Dear Jesus, Thank you for today. I love you. Amen." It's so precious to hear! Penny is doing pretty good at night. She still cries around 1 or 2 so Josh will give her a pacifier and she'll sleep pretty good til 5 or 6 when I nurse her and we all go back to bed til the next feeding. She's such a happy baby and we can't wait to hear her first laugh! We'll be sure to tell you all when that happens.
We love you all and thank you for being interested in our lives. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment