3.04.2011

In Like a Lion?

So March began this week but it didn't seem to come in like a lion. It was a pretty calm day! Last weekend was lots of fun because my family came to visit us. Aunt Kim, Uncle Mark, and Grandpa Mitchell arrived Saturday in time for lunch at Culver's. Penny got her first taste of ice cream! Nora put the spoon up to her mouth and I'm pretty sure she had some in her mouth. We spent the afternoon at our house with Nora sleeping and the five of us adults hanging out and playing Seinfeld Clue--which I won! (You don't have to know anything about Seinfeld, which was good for me). Josh and I went on a date before Nora even woke up from her nap. We first went to the mall and did some shopping--I got to use my Barnes and Noble's gift card from Josh :) Then we went out to dinner at Chili's--yum! Then we waited in the parking lot that was the 1/2 mile drive to the Coliseum for the Komet's game (WWE was also there which is why it was SSSOOO busy). We had great tickets again and a wonderful time but, unfortunately, the Komets lost--5-3 (the last two scores of which were embarrassing!). We got home at 10:45 and the fam was still up and Nora had gone to bed well after a fun bath. Josh, Penny, and I slept over at Josh's parents house since our house is too small for 7 people! The next day we all met up at church--Nora even got to sit with us instead of going to her class (she was even pretty good). Then we went out to eat lunch at the Grabill Inn (where Nora did not behave herself!). Later that night we went over to Josh's parents house to celebrate Maria's birthday. We had a yummy dinner and cake and got to watch the kids act crazy and Grandma Sauder got another photo with the babies--this time at 2 months! The rest of this week has gone quickly. I got to go out to a moms group on Monday night to look at wedding photos and Grandma Kathy came to watch the girls. Then my mom came for a quick visit on Tuesday night while I went to a Tastefully Simple party. It was nice to see my mom, even if it was only for a few hours! We got to go to Storytime on Wednesday and had lunch with the Affholter's. Then Thursday we had BWs for lunch and bought a haircutting kit for Josh--I'm going to try to cut his hair this week! Today we went shopping at a local store with the Klea's then went over to play with Owen and had lunch together as well. A fun and pretty busy week!

Nora has not been focussing on potty training as much this week but has worn her Dora pants a little bit and hasn't had too many accidents. She is getting her two year molars so she has been moody and just not herself all week :/ But thankfully it has not been affecting her nighttime sleep. Her favorite phrase this week has definately been "thank you." She's so quick to say it at the right (and sometimes wrong) time :) Penny is still not doing great at sleeping thru the night and is addicted to her pacifier! I'm happy to say she is still doing well with a bottle and her thrush has pretty much cleared up :) Today at the Klea's, she was sitting in Ian's swing which includes a little birdy mobile thing. She had her eyes on that thing for 15+ minutes and even smiled at it--I guess it's time to find Nora's old mobile for Penny's crib!

I'll leave you with some words from a hymn that we sang at church on Wednesday that have always touched me: "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow/Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside...GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS!" I hope that God gives you strength, hope, and eyes to see the "ten thousand" blessings that surround you this week!

No comments: